Üsküdar University Journal of Social Sciences (JOSOC) is a refereed journal published twice a year in May and November in both Turkish and English. JOSOC is an open-access journal and article submission/evaluation process is free of charge.
The journal employs double-blind refereeing system.
The purpose of Üsküdar University Journal of Social Sciences is to provide the readers with the original studies of Turkish and international researchers in the field of social sciences.
In the Üskudar University Journal of Social Sciences, articles from the disciplines of Political Science and International Relations, History, Sociology, Cultural Studies, Psychology, Philosophy, Communication Sciences and Linguistic are published.
The opinions in the articles published in Üsküdar University Journal of Social Sciences belong to the author. The articles published in another journal, book, and so on are not accepted. National or international conference presentations, seminar presentations, or panel presentations can be included in the publication process after being specified in the footnote and converted into the article format.
Academic articles published in the journal can only be reproduced for educational purposes. The articles and the graphics and tables in the articles cannot be duplicated or archived in part or as a whole without permission except for educational purposes. Quotations may be made from the articles under the condition that they are indicated in the academic publications.
It is assumed that the authors undertake that they would not claim royalties for the articles they submit to Üsküdar University Journal of Social Sciences.
1. The Journal Editorial Board prepares the submitted articles before the referee procession. The articles that receive the “Referee process can begin” signal, approvals are sent to two experts national or international judgments in the field.
2. If both positive and negative response are received from two referees, the article will then be sent to a third referee.
3. If two rejections are given from the referees, the referee reports with the “non-issuable judgment” are delivered to the author.
4. In case “correction decision” is received from the referees, the articles are delivered to the author along with the referee report, and a maximum of 1 (one) month is given to make the necessary corrections.
5. The author must consider the criticism, evaluation, and correction made by the referee and the Editorial Board. In case of a disagreement, the author has the right to state those points on a separate page with her or his justifications.
6. If needed, the revised article might be sent to the same referee, and the article received the “issuable report” from both referees are included in “the list of articles to be published” by the Editorial Board, regarding the content of the journal and based on the date of completion of the referee reports.
7. Publications submitted to the journal cannot be returned whether they are published or not published.